WIndows 7 & 8 start menu hybrid?

General discussion

• I propose that Microsoft keeps the windows 7 start menu for windows 8 and the metro start menu.

To clarify: When you open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer and change RPEnabled to 0, before you shut down or reboot I think the combination of the classic start menu and Metro start menu is great!

I would use it like this if I could, but it seems to be quite unstable until you reboot.

The downside is once you reboot the metro ui goes bye bye along with access to metro apps.

Hopefully this will get to Microsoft, I've made suggestions before and had no response whatsoever.

Just for fun I'll bring up one other suggestion I made previously. Add tabs to explorer, file explorer, not internet explorer if that makes sense.

Let me know what you think about these ideas. If there's enough good feedback what keeps Microsoft from listening to us?

I'll sign the release Microsoft! I'm not greedy! I just want to help make Windows be the best it can be!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi imseanross,

appreciate your efforts but Microsoft has its own plans and visions, some are discussed in detail on http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/, others that are based purely on commercial interests aren't, and we might never know them. But rest assured every decision is based on vast feedback data involving the use of telemetry from billions of Windows users, direct interaction with its partners, experts and hardware vendors. You can still report certain issues that you feel strongly about, using the Windows Feedback Tool. Your writing here is also important to MSFT, views expressed on this forum are not just ignored.

Irfan

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:21 PM