Excel Chart RRS feed

• Question

• How do I put an Excel chart I created into a VFP report in my application
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 10:48 AM

Answers

• It takes a lot of time to develop code for insert a object and play with listener and I did not used before ....The easiest way is to use the link I gave you (reccomended) or to convert excel chart in a picture ....or may be someone else done something like that and can share it with you .....
    dni
    • Marked as answer by Riquel_Dong Monday, June 29, 2009 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:01 PM

All replies

• You may try to convert the excel chart in a picture and insert in report, you may use foxchart from
    http://vfpx.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=18515 or you may use automation for this (I never used in this way and I don't think it will be stable...).

dni
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:37 PM
  • If you just go with what they give you you can embed msgraph BUT the graph type is not the one I want; I wondered if there was a way to substitute the excel chart as an ole object; it's a little bit difficult for me to grasp. thanks for replyng
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:15 PM
  • It can be possible in version 9 SP2 using report listener ...
    dni
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:58 PM
  • Thanks, I know you are right ... problem is I'm too "thick" and just don't know how. OK, I'm a step closer ... I can run code that allows me to run a report of several pages with each page being a different chart, using the embedded MSGraph in a general field ... I have now designed a new graph with the wizard so it IS an MSgraph , but it is stored in the general field of a newly created table. How can I get it out of this table to run in the one with the original MSgraph ?
    • Edited by kertjk Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:03 PM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 10:57 PM
  • It takes a lot of time to develop code for insert a object and play with listener and I did not used before ....The easiest way is to use the link I gave you (reccomended) or to convert excel chart in a picture ....or may be someone else done something like that and can share it with you .....
    dni
    • Marked as answer by Riquel_Dong Monday, June 29, 2009 9:29 AM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:01 PM