Is there a good option to test different resolution ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm making an application and I need to test it in different resolution, however I have to change my Desktop resolution by hand each time to see what it'll looks like in the browser.  Is there an hiden option somewhere that do this automaticly ?

800 X 600 : Yes there's still some people in this resolution
    1024 X 768
    1280 X 1024
    1920 X 1200

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 5:28 AM

Answers

• What I see you just need the IE window to be resized according to the screen resolution in its maximized mode. For achiving this

1. Case 1: If you are IE 8 user you can see the developer tools option, where you have the option to resize the explorer window to certain sizes. you can also provide the custom resolution with the help of this.
    2. Case 2: If you are using older version of the IE you can install the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar to achive the same. You can download it from here.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:50 AM

All replies

• Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:19 AM
  • Sizer sounds like a good utility, but it looks like it doesn't support Windows Vista or 7.

But a kludgy-yet-effective solution reminiscent of the Red Green Show is to make a 1920 x 1200 desktop background image (assuming your screen supports that resolution) with a black background and labeled white rectangles at each of the required resolutions and just use that as an aid to resize your browser window down.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:26 AM
  • What I see you just need the IE window to be resized according to the screen resolution in its maximized mode. For achiving this

1. Case 1: If you are IE 8 user you can see the developer tools option, where you have the option to resize the explorer window to certain sizes. you can also provide the custom resolution with the help of this.
    2. Case 2: If you are using older version of the IE you can install the Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar to achive the same. You can download it from here.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:50 AM

#1 works like a charm.  Thank you
    But we're lucky that IE 8 keeps its size upon closing hence this would not be helpful as I hit F5 in VS2010 and it starts a new IE8

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:38 PM