Azure Drive issue with SDK 1.3 RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing an issue with Azure drive with SDK 1.3. I tried on two different dev machines, but same result.

I get an exception as below:

"Could not load file or assembly 'mswacdmi.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.":"mswacdmi.dll"}

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled by user code
      Message=Could not load file or assembly 'mswacdmi.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
      Source=Microsoft.WindowsAzure.CloudDrive
      FileName=mswacdmi.dll
      FusionLog=""
      StackTrace:
           at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.CloudDrive.InitializeCache(String cachePath, Int32 totalCacheSize)

The code works fine with SDK 1.2

TechyFreak | Mobile Development Resources
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:18 AM

Answers

All replies

• Found the issue. I was mounting the code from Page_Load of my webapp, looks like the code should be run from OnStart.

Wonder why it works in SDK 1.2 ??

TechyFreak | Mobile Development Resources
    • Marked as answer by freaky roach Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:43 AM
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:43 AM
  • In SDK 1.2, we used HWC to host web roles, not full IIS.  With HWC, the web code and the RoleEntryPoint code executed as part of the same process, and they no longer do.  I wonder if that's the cause.

Another change is that the web code under full IIS runs as network service, or some such user, which is different from the user your RoleEntryPoint executes as.  Maybe one of those two is the significant difference.

Thursday, December 2, 2010 10:43 PM