locked
Why Global.asax error is occuring when IP Check and NetApp Managers (internal security apps) pings my site RRS feed

  • Question

  • When I run my app locally I get no errors. No error from Global.asax, no redirection to an error page. Everythings works fine.

    When I deploy my app to a test server, my app run there with no errors. No error from Global.asax, no redirection to an error page. Every thing works fine on the test server.

    But when I deploy my app to production server, the app runs fine but I keep getting errors (emailed to me) from Global.asax. On production server we have these security apps that run and keep hitting all URLs of the app on the server. Just to make sure they are working fine. When these security app hit URL of my app, my application runs fine but it gives out this global.asax error. The funny thing is that error is empty. The error are emailed to me and the email is empty. Nothing there.

    There are several other apps running on the same server. My app has its own app pool and is configured correctly.

    Any clue why it is tripping?
    Friday, April 23, 2010 7:30 PM

All replies

  • Well I would guess that it's the interaction between these "security app hit URL of my app" whatever they are and whatever that means and your application's error handling. 

     

    Saturday, April 24, 2010 10:27 AM
  • Andy,

    I don't think you understand the issue.

    Monday, April 26, 2010 10:58 PM
  • That's right.

    I don't understand the issue.

    There is insufficient explanation to understand what is happening.

    Something is "hitting the URL's".  I don't understand what that means.

    Something in the global.asax sends emails.  I don't know what code you have in global.asax.

    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:29 AM
  • The scenario is clearly explained. You are taking it too literally. I have put this post on several other blogs and got pretty decent responses. Thanks for your attempt.  
    Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:56 PM