none
Error Creating Package RRS feed

Answers

• This is what i did when i encountered that error.

I used mozzila firefox during purchase. The certificate is intalled on mozilla but it wont work on HCK.

What i did was i export the certificate file and imported it on IE. Whalla it works....

• Marked as answer by Hyasmine Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:41 AM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:39 AM

All replies

• Does the Windows event viewer give you any messages (exceptions) with the packaging process? The event log will be titled "HCK - Hardware Certification Kit"

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 15, 2013 5:57 AM
  • I got this new error.

Friday, February 15, 2013 6:31 AM
  • Hi Hyasmine,

Please check the certificate store, if there is any error opening/loading the certificate that you use to sign packages. Check whether the certificate is valid.

If above is OK, then look into the event viewer and post here whatever related to this problem you find, or Try using signing powershell script which is available at WHCK OM documentation area, the script will give you a detailed exeception, post it here.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Friday, February 15, 2013 2:31 PM
  • Hi Nilesh,

Disregard the 2nd image that I posted, the 1st one is now the error that I encountered. I don't know why the certificate that I am using is unable to sign the package or I didn't installed correctly the certificate.

How can I install the certificate that I downloaded from the verisign?

When I'm using the signing option "Use a certificate file" the file that they need is ".cer or .pfx" which is I don't have that file. Where I gonna found or got that?

Thanks

Monday, February 18, 2013 1:23 AM
  • Hi Hyasmine,

For installation, double click the certificate file and procced with the installation [select Personal store to install certificate in], restart if required. Once installed, you can verify whether the certificate is installed or not using certificate manager "certmgr.msc". [Run->Type "certmgr.msc"->Enter->DoubleClick "Personal"->DoubleClick "Certificates"] there you can see the certificate you just installed. Now when you sign the package from HCK studio, select certificate from the store.

If you are trying to sign using certificate file, you need the certificate file with the extensions they have provided. Otherwise you cannot sign the package. What extension your certificate file has by the way?

Thanks,

Nilesh

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:08 PM
  • This is what i did when i encountered that error.

I used mozzila firefox during purchase. The certificate is intalled on mozilla but it wont work on HCK.

What i did was i export the certificate file and imported it on IE. Whalla it works....

• Marked as answer by Hyasmine Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:41 AM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:39 AM
  • Same situation here and it works.

Thanks
    Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:45 AM