none
Team? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i just created an acc here, tho i know SB already for some time.

I've been thinking if it's possible so that somegroup of programmers can team up, and make stuff together? Cuz, recently i've been making a program that was so long, i couldn't possibly finish it as i wanted.

So, i've been thinking of teamwork so that it'll be like a group that creates cool programs. How's that?

Sorry for my English :)

Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• HAHA! funny You asked!

Check this out:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/smallbasic/thread/fcfb18a3-cbef-4d83-aaae-3f95614638a3

One thing that is impossible is impossible no matter if it is proven so first.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:05 PM
    Answerer
  • It's a challenge. I'm talking about a team of people who won't challenge, but they'll just work on programs together.
    Friday, November 16, 2012 10:15 AM
  • Although this would be fun, I don't think SB is very good for group projects. With very limiting features for the IDE and the use of global variables only I think you will be spending most of your time piecing your work together.

Friday, November 16, 2012 9:32 PM
  • I agree with Mainchip on the grounds of the "very limiting features for the IDE and the use of global variables only," however, I disagree in terms of his/her overall message. I believe that collaborating on programs would be a great way to become more advance with the language, so long as everyone in the team knows exactly what is going on. 

TextWindow.Write("Do you like Small Basic? Y/N: ")
    yn = TextWindow.Read()
    If yn = "Y" Then
    TextWindow.WriteLine("High-Five! You are awesome!")
    ElseIf yn = "N" Then
    TextWindow.WriteLine("Deep down inside, you like Small Basic :)")
    EndIf

Saturday, November 17, 2012 12:47 AM
  • You might be able to if you gather some people. Here is a tool made exactly for teamwork on Small Basic. Small Basic RTC server

I am a 10 year old that loves math, games, and computers. 'Binary is as easy as 1, 10, 11.'

• Proposed as answer by Math Man Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:25 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:25 AM
  • ExtraFred,

I agree. I'm cooking one up, but I'd like to let TeamChallenge go first. Maybe come up with some best practices and recommendations/advice first.

To Mainchip's point, it will be a bumpy ride, but we'll figure it out as we go.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, November 26, 2012 4:59 AM
    Owner
  • If You are currently "cooking it", can i join it? 

Thank you for posting a reply to this topic, Mr. Price.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:32 AM