No Data under Asset Controller RRS feed

• Question

• Good day,

I have recently configured a Cloudyn trial and I'm not seeing any data in the Asset Controller area of the Dashboard. It just says "No Data". I can't seem to find anything that would help to solve this and I was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

I checked your account now and found that data appears in the reports. 
    The display in the dashboards in different than expected and I have escalated this to our engineering to check.

To see the data I am referring to, please login and use the menu to go to cost > actual cost report. Change the extended filter on the bottom left to "standalone" instead of "consolidated" as shown in the image below. This should change the display on the right and provide you with visibility to your cost data.

You can also navigate to Assets > Resource Explorer to see the list of your Azure resources and their details.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will update this thread when dashboards display the required data again.

Thanks,

Sharon

Thursday, September 28, 2017 10:03 AM

All replies

• Hello Steve,

Thanks for signing up for Azure Cost Management and for letting us know about this issue.

It typically takes 2-4 hours for the initial pull of cost data to populate to Cloudyn. 
    If you still don't see your cost data after that, please let us know so that we can investigate further.

Thanks.

- Micah Adamson

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 5:30 PM
  • Hello Steve,

I thought of one other thing I should ask.

Can you please confirm if you are able to see data in the "Cost" section in Cloudyn, but not just not under "Assets" or other areas? 

If you can see cost data, but not usage data, you may need to register your Azure Resource Manager (ARM) credentials too following the instructions in the article at: https://support.cloudyn.com/hc/en-us/articles/212784085-Adding-Azure-Resource-Manager

If you still can't see "Cost" data, would you please update this forum thread with the first 4 characters of the e-mail address you used to create the Cloudyn account so that we can search for it on the back end?

Thanks!

- Micah Adamson

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:15 PM
  • Hello Steve,

If you can give us the first 3 characters of your domain to confirm your identity on the server side, we should be able to help find the cause of this issue for you.

Thanks!

- Micah Adamson

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:31 PM
  • Hi Steve,

I checked your account now and found that data appears in the reports. 
    The display in the dashboards in different than expected and I have escalated this to our engineering to check.

To see the data I am referring to, please login and use the menu to go to cost > actual cost report. Change the extended filter on the bottom left to "standalone" instead of "consolidated" as shown in the image below. This should change the display on the right and provide you with visibility to your cost data.

You can also navigate to Assets > Resource Explorer to see the list of your Azure resources and their details.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will update this thread when dashboards display the required data again.

Thanks,

Sharon

Thursday, September 28, 2017 10:03 AM
  • Hi Micah,

I have the same issue (although I re-activated all Subscriptions in after gaining access to a few new ones)

It has now been 2 days and as you suggest, I can see data with the Standalone policy, but not with Consolidated

Friday, January 12, 2018 12:38 AM
  • Hello Mike,

If you need the Cloudyn support team to check on your data on the server side you can open a support ticket from:

Azure Portal > Help + Support > New Support Request > Service: All Services > Monitoring & Management > Cloudyn

Thanks!
    - Micah Adamson

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 6:19 PM