none
Suddenly not recognized Kinect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I called to support center in Japan. But they are not supported this in Japan, and they say write to US forum. So I'm here.

I've been having a lot of trouble getting the Kinect. I would like to develop the Kinect software with Kinect 360.

My PCs

PC1 : DELL Vostro V130 / Windows7 32bit / Core i5 / Memory 4GB

PC2 : Apple MacBook Pro 17inch 2009Mid / Windows XP (BootCamp) / Core 2 Duo / Memory 4GB

I installed the Kinect for Windows SDK 1.8 for my PC1. Sample works fine. And I adjusted the Kinect position by hand and cable is moving. Then suddenly PC not recognized the Kinect. The USB port that is connected Kinect is broken. That USB port is not recognized any USB device again. I would not lose USB port from PC1 anymore, so I test another PC.

PC2 is WindowsXP, so I can't install Kinect for Windows SDK. I installed OpenNI, NiTE and KinectDriver. After that, I connected the USB plug of Kinect to my PC2, then PC2 is suddenly power off and never power on again.

My Kinect 360 connector cable is not stable. Plug in the power, then green lamp is lighten. But touch the cable, green lamp is off. 

Q1 If I change the cable, is it never occur same trouble again? Can you tell me the checking method of Kinect? or Check my Kinect. I don't want to lose my PC but continue to develop with Kinect.

Q2 I think My PC2 is broken by Kinect. Can you pay the cost of my PC2 repair?

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:12 PM

Answers

• This forum is only for support of the Kinect for Windows SDK only. Please review the FAQ on commonly asked questions about the Xbox 360 and the Kinect for Windows SDK. We do not support hardware issues on the forum.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/meetkinect/faq.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn435682.aspx

The Kinect for Xbox 360 device is not a supported sensor for commercial development with this SDK. Review the EULA for the Kinect for Xbox 360 device. We do not have support for Macintosh Systems with the Kinect for Windows SDK. Third Party drivers and software are not supported on this forum, please refer to the developers of those SDKs/drivers for further assistance.

If you are having USB2 connectivity issues with a Kinect for Windows sensor, you can determine if the issue is with your USB host controller through the device manager. there are threads on this forum that discuss this in more detail. You can use the search feature for "USB2 Host Controller". You cannot share the USB2 host controller with other devices (internal or external). Depending on how the manufacturer designed the hardware, this may be a limitation with the hardware. You will have to use a different machine or purchase a third party USB2 PCix expansion card.

If you are having issues with your Kinect for Xbox 360 hardware you can contact the Xbox hardware support team:

North America: 1-800-4-My-Xbox

For Kinect for Windows hardware issues: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-other-devices/kinect-for-windows/kinect-for-windows-info?icid=furl_kinectforwindows

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 7:24 PM

All replies

• This forum is only for support of the Kinect for Windows SDK only. Please review the FAQ on commonly asked questions about the Xbox 360 and the Kinect for Windows SDK. We do not support hardware issues on the forum.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/meetkinect/faq.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn435682.aspx

The Kinect for Xbox 360 device is not a supported sensor for commercial development with this SDK. Review the EULA for the Kinect for Xbox 360 device. We do not have support for Macintosh Systems with the Kinect for Windows SDK. Third Party drivers and software are not supported on this forum, please refer to the developers of those SDKs/drivers for further assistance.

If you are having USB2 connectivity issues with a Kinect for Windows sensor, you can determine if the issue is with your USB host controller through the device manager. there are threads on this forum that discuss this in more detail. You can use the search feature for "USB2 Host Controller". You cannot share the USB2 host controller with other devices (internal or external). Depending on how the manufacturer designed the hardware, this may be a limitation with the hardware. You will have to use a different machine or purchase a third party USB2 PCix expansion card.

If you are having issues with your Kinect for Xbox 360 hardware you can contact the Xbox hardware support team:

North America: 1-800-4-My-Xbox

For Kinect for Windows hardware issues: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-other-devices/kinect-for-windows/kinect-for-windows-info?icid=furl_kinectforwindows

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 7:24 PM
  • Hi,
    I want to develop the Kinect software with Kinect 360.
    My PCs: windows 8.1 64bit / Core i5 / Memory 8GB

I installed the Kinect for Windows SDK 1.8. All Samples of developer toolkit work fine. Yesterday, when I was testing my app the Kinect is unplugged so I have to reset my PC and then Kinect works again properly. Today when I connected Kinect to USB port I'm facing with this error:
    "the USB device is not recognized"

when I plug the Kinect into my PC it say USB device not recognize and the light not turning on..
    I installed all the driver for Kinect sensor but still nothing happens the light won't turning on

when i check the device manager 
    i couldn't see 
    -Microsoft Kinect Audio Array Control
    - Microsoft Kinect Camera
    - Microsoft Kinect Device

the only thing that i can see is a warning in Universal serial Bus controller
    "Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptor Request Failed)

That USB port recognizes other USB device such as a Removable Disk, ... .I try it on other systems. but I'm facing with similar error. I using a USB2.

I'm confused. Is my Kinect broken?

• Edited by FSFHMSR Sunday, June 7, 2015 2:20 PM
    Sunday, June 7, 2015 1:46 PM