none
BT Newbie: Publish Schema or Orchestration as webservice: No reaction

Question

• I created my first small "orchestration" and tried to publish it as a SOAP webservice.

I got a structrure in my IIS folder and can post a reqeust with SOAP UI and get a OK (200).

But that's all, nothing happens, no error, no message.

I took the same orchestration and published it as a wcf-service.
    I had some trouble with SOAP-UI but after some changes in the WS-A section and disabling the security in the receive port it works.

But what could be the cause for the not working webservice?

Thursday, December 29, 2016 4:47 PM

Answers

• Hi

The native SOAP adapter and .asmx services are deprecated now in favour of the WCF adapter(s) and WCF(.svc) services. So, to create a SOAP service from BizTalk now, you should go the WCF route (which is working for you).

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:16 PM
  • Hi,

Can you verify the message you are sending through SOAP web port inside the Orchestration  ?

The message posted on the web port should be of type web services . You need to construct web message either by transform shape or with message assignment shape .

Thanks

Abhishek 

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Friday, January 6, 2017 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi

The native SOAP adapter and .asmx services are deprecated now in favour of the WCF adapter(s) and WCF(.svc) services. So, to create a SOAP service from BizTalk now, you should go the WCF route (which is working for you).

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, December 29, 2016 5:16 PM
  • My problem is that the consumer has no fully working implementation for wcf webservices.
    No WS features available, I need to create all WS headers manually.

Old style webservices are working out of the box.

Does "deprecated" means not working in BT2010 anymore?
    Can i deploy an orchestration as a wcf webservice in a way that the consumer can use standard soap without WS headers like Action, To, ...?

In which BT version SOAP and asmx will be removed?

Friday, December 30, 2016 4:33 PM
  • Hi

Which version of SOAP does the consumer adhere to? Note that SOAP 1.1 does mandate the use of SOAP Action, etc.

Did you try to expose the WCF service with the WCF-BasicHttp adapter? That has interoperability with old style .asmx services.

Thanks Arindam

Saturday, December 31, 2016 5:07 AM
  • SOAP adapter will work with BizTalk 2010 .

What is the exception you are getting in the event log . Might be your message is not able to promote the right context properties on which your Orchestration is subscribing .

Change your default pipeline to xml receive pipeline in look for the context properties and Orchestration Subscription values .

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:29 AM
  • My problem is that I get no errors, no exception only HTTP 200 in SOAP UI. 

I create a new SOAP project, import the wsdl and have two services:

BizTalk_Server_Project1_BizTalk_Orchestration1_Port_1Soap

and 

BizTalk_Server_Project1_BizTalk_Orchestration1_Port_1Soap12

I used the default request of Port_1Soap and press Send, it's only a one-way receive port.

I would expect a routing failure or exception, but nothing really happens.

I used the "Biztalk web service publishing wizard" with default values.

• Edited by Stefan-M Wednesday, January 4, 2017 1:01 PM
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 12:58 PM
  • Hi,

Can you verify the message you are sending through SOAP web port inside the Orchestration  ?

The message posted on the web port should be of type web services . You need to construct web message either by transform shape or with message assignment shape .

Thanks

Abhishek 

Friday, January 6, 2017 2:38 AM