"Server Error" in myazurestorage.com RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to access www.myazurestorage.com, I get the following:

The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.

But when I access this site using a private browsing session, I don't see this error.

This appears to be cause by the server caching my storage account name and key even though I've since deleted that storage account. Can someone alert the owner of this site and ask them to catch this scenario and return the visitor to the homepage instead of trashing out?

Richard Turner www.bitcrazed.com
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:09 AM

Answers

• Hi Richard,

From the description in the site, your credentials are not saved on the server and are only stored in an encrypted cookie on your machine. So the cause of your issue maybe the credentials saved in cookie is incorrect. InPrivate Browsing works because it does not send cookie to the server.

Regarding to a cookie issue, please try clearing cache to see if it works. In IE browser, please click Tools -> Internet options. In the General tab, please click Delete... then check Cookies and click the Delete button.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    • Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Monday, June 20, 2011 8:43 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Richard,

From the description in the site, your credentials are not saved on the server and are only stored in an encrypted cookie on your machine. So the cause of your issue maybe the credentials saved in cookie is incorrect. InPrivate Browsing works because it does not send cookie to the server.

Regarding to a cookie issue, please try clearing cache to see if it works. In IE browser, please click Tools -> Internet options. In the General tab, please click Delete... then check Cookies and click the Delete button.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    • Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Monday, June 20, 2011 8:43 AM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Okay, I can clear my cache, but it'd be better over all if the server was to redirect visitors who fail authentication to a page, clearing their cookie and allowing them to re-enter fresh new service details.

Having to clear all my cookies every time I change storage details is a major inconvenience.

Richard Turner www.bitcrazed.com
    Monday, June 20, 2011 4:57 PM