Changed Framework RRS feed

• Question

•  

Good day.

Please help me. I install on my computer Visual Studio 2005 with Framework 2.0 but now I want recompile my program for work on Framework 1.0 but I don't now how i can do it. What me should doing for changed Framework? But I don't want delete Framework, I sometimes I must compile my program on Framework 2.0, another day I must compile on Framework 1.0.

Thank you.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 1:33 AM

Answers

• A project prepared with the older framework can be upgraded to the newer one, but not the other way around,  You will have to start from scratch.  Recreate the form.  Then copy and paste the code.  However, it won't work if the code contains anything new that didn't exist in the previous version.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:30 AM
  • Hi pilot,

Solitaire is right.

If you installed the Visual Studio 2002, you try openning your program in Visual Studio 2002 and building it. If fails, you'd better re-create the form and then copy and paste the code. Please ensure that your code doesn't contain any new feature (that doesn't exist in Framework 1.0).

If you didn't install the Visual Studio 2002, you can compile your project through the Visual Basic .NET command-line compiler : vbc.exe.

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\vbc.exe

Samples: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4dehewf5(VS.71).aspx

By the way, we can choose/change the Framework version among .NET Framwork 2.0/3.0/3.5 (except 1.0/1.1) in the Visual Studio .NET 2008.

I hope that can help you.

Best regards,

Martin Xie

Friday, September 14, 2007 9:34 AM

All replies

• A project prepared with the older framework can be upgraded to the newer one, but not the other way around,  You will have to start from scratch.  Recreate the form.  Then copy and paste the code.  However, it won't work if the code contains anything new that didn't exist in the previous version.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 3:30 AM
  • Hi pilot,

Solitaire is right.

If you installed the Visual Studio 2002, you try openning your program in Visual Studio 2002 and building it. If fails, you'd better re-create the form and then copy and paste the code. Please ensure that your code doesn't contain any new feature (that doesn't exist in Framework 1.0).

If you didn't install the Visual Studio 2002, you can compile your project through the Visual Basic .NET command-line compiler : vbc.exe.

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\vbc.exe

Samples: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4dehewf5(VS.71).aspx

By the way, we can choose/change the Framework version among .NET Framwork 2.0/3.0/3.5 (except 1.0/1.1) in the Visual Studio .NET 2008.

I hope that can help you.

Best regards,

Martin Xie

Friday, September 14, 2007 9:34 AM
  • Hi.

If my program wrote on C# and it not use new function what include in Framework 2.0. It use only function that contain in all Framework. How can I rebuild my program?

What me should do?

Monday, September 17, 2007 2:38 AM
  •  pilot-co wrote:

If my program wrote on C# and it not use new function what include in Framework 2.0. It use only function that contain in all Framework. How can I rebuild my program?

What me should do?

Hi pilot,

Similarly, if you installed the Visual Studio 2002, you try openning your program in Visual Studio 2002 and building it.

If you didn't install the Visual Studio 2002, you can compile your project through the C# command-line compiler : csc.exe.

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\csc.exe

Samples: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1700bbwd(vs.71).aspx#vcgrfbuildingcommand_samplecommandlines

Thanks,

Martin

Monday, September 17, 2007 2:59 AM