Changing height of combobox RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

Newbie here, so apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.  I did quite a few searches and did not find anything, but I could easily have missed it.

First prototyping effort, and so far I love the tool, it's gonna save days of work with clients.  I'm stuck on how to reduce the height of the sketch style combobox, however.   I set the font smaller, and the height property, but the overall height stays the same.  I'm assuming this might be a change I have to do in the code file itself, related to the combobox items. 

Any help would be appreciated...I've spent a couple of days so far just chasing my tail, which is painful at my age 8-)

T

Friday, March 19, 2010 10:28 AM

All replies

• The sketch-combobox style has 2 min heights set that you will need to change.  The changes take effect only in the project you are currently working on.

There are 2 ways to do it:

1. Editing the template
    2. Hand editing the xaml in sketchstyles.xaml

For #1, right click a sketch combo box, and pick edit-template, edit current (or you can make a copy there if you like, but then it won't affect other combo boxes).  Select the top level grid in the template in the objects and timelines panel, then in the properties panel, either search for minheight or expand the layout section, and set the min height you want there.  Now exit template editing mode by either clicking on the leftmost item in the breadcrumb bar, or by reopening the previous document you were working on.  Select your combo box again and in the object menu, select edit style -> edit current (or make a copy).  Now find minheight again in the properties panel for the style, set it.

For #2, open sketchstyles.xaml in xaml view. Find the style for combobox-sketch. You will find 2 instances of min-height in the style, set them both to what you want.

Both of these methods accomplish the exact same thing (assuming you did edit current, and not copy).

Friday, March 19, 2010 1:04 PM