none
MSAGL in VS Ultimate 2010 or 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to use MSAGL and I thought is shipped with visual studio 2010 ultimate and 2012 ultimate. I have both versions but I cannot figure out how to include it in a project. The only dll I can find is msagl.dll, I can't find msagl.drawing.dll, etc. I also don't see microsoft.msagl under the .net references when I try to add a reference.

Is msagl included in vs ultimate 2010 and 2012 or am I wrong about this. If it is, how can I add the visualization aspects of msagl to my windows forms project.

Thanks.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 4:57 PM

Answers

• Msagl is used in both of these versions of Visual Studio, but it is not meant to be used independently of those here, but only inside of the environment.

Thanks

Lev Nachmanson

• Marked as answer by Lev Nachmanson Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:20 PM
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:19 PM

All replies

• As far as I know MSAGL is not included in any VS product (I might be wrong) . You can download it when you have an MSDN subscription search for "Research Automatic Graph Layout (x64, x86) - (English)</label>"

What is included is DGML graphs, just add a "Directed Graph Document" to your project (from the general category) and you can start drawing. You can also manipulate it using the Microsoft.VisualStudio.GraphModel dll.

Hope this helps.

• Edited by KeesDijk Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:04 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lev Nachmanson Friday, November 16, 2012 4:46 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Lev Nachmanson Monday, December 24, 2012 5:07 AM
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:03 PM
  • Msagl is used in both of these versions of Visual Studio, but it is not meant to be used independently of those here, but only inside of the environment.

Thanks

Lev Nachmanson

• Marked as answer by Lev Nachmanson Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:20 PM
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:19 PM
  • As far as I know MSAGL is not included in any VS product (I might be wrong).

Msagl is used in both of these versions of Visual Studio
    Is anyone else really confused by this? Both of these are marked as answers too!
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:10 PM
  • The first statement is incorrect. Thanks

Lev Nachmanson

Monday, December 24, 2012 5:10 AM