none
Send email from excel cell with values from the same spreadsheet row. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a spreadsheet with an email address in each row. What I would like to do is click this email address and in the resulting email generated I would like to include values from the same row.

So, if I clicked on the email address in g3 I would like the subject to include the value from a3.

Is this possible? I can trap the click of the email address with the worksheet_selectionChange event but by then Excel has generated the email....

Any advice would be great.

Friday, August 31, 2012 9:23 AM

Answers

• I have changed my approach to this. I have found the Hyperlink collection in Excel, given that |I suspect this should move to an excel forum.

Many thanks for your help,.

• Marked as answer by Graham Knight Friday, August 31, 2012 1:14 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 1:14 PM

All replies

• intercept click in excel and automate outlook to create mail, fill props and show it. Something like:

outlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

session = outlook.GetNamespace ("MAPI")

session.logon

mail = outlook.CreateItem(0)

mail...- fill here peroperties based on excel values

mail.Display

Friday, August 31, 2012 12:32 PM
  • Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.

It was then "Intercept Click" in excel that I was after. I can trap the click with Worksheet_selectionChange but excel has already formulated the email. I need something that traps not the click in the cell but the click ON the email address hyperlink.

Friday, August 31, 2012 12:47 PM
  • I have changed my approach to this. I have found the Hyperlink collection in Excel, given that |I suspect this should move to an excel forum.

Many thanks for your help,.

• Marked as answer by Graham Knight Friday, August 31, 2012 1:14 PM
    Friday, August 31, 2012 1:14 PM