Unity container couldn't resolve dependencies in VS 2012 when running unit tests. RRS feed

• Question

• I can't run unti tests. In Visual Studio 2012 (in VS 2010 it works ok). The issue is that unity container could not load configuration and resolve dependencies.

It is saying: The type name or alias Employee could not be resolved. Please check your configuration file and verify this type name.

We use Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UnitTesting.

Any idea how to solve this issue ?

• Moved by Cathy Kong Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:52 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi julian,

Thanks for your post!

Since the issue is more related with Unit Test, I will move it to Visual Studio Unit Testing forum for better response.

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:52 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, the VS2012 will support the unit test project created in VS2010.

Reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/dd293547.aspx

The type name or alias Employee could not be resolved. Please check your configuration file and verify this type name.

I didn’t meet this issue before, could you share us more information about your test?  What kind of class method are you testing? Is it the data driven test? I suggest you debug your test in your side, and maybe you could get more useful information.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, June 14, 2013 6:37 AM