Intellisense for functions - VS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there away to get intellisense to work for available functions and not just their parameters? That is, if I type func_ it would provide all functions that begin with func_?

Thank you,
    Mark Skilbeck.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:15 PM

Answers

• After you type "func_", press Alt+Right arrow.

Hans Passant.
    • Proposed as answer by Belloc Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by Wesley Yao Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:50 AM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:49 PM
  • Visual Studio is highly automatable, that's what the extensibility interfaces are all about.  Everybody has their own idea about automation though, a Visual Basic programmer tends to like getting the IntelliSense box thrown in her face at every keystroke.  The C++ IDE takes the "well, when I'm sure or you tell me" approach.  Ask questions about how to enable your favorite mode in the Visual Studio Extensibility forum.

Hans Passant.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:32 PM

All replies

• Visual Assist X will do it. I'm not sure if they have a plugin for VS2010 yet, though.
    http://www.wholetomato.com/
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:27 PM
  • After you type "func_", press Alt+Right arrow.

Hans Passant.
    • Proposed as answer by Belloc Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:06 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:49 PM
  • Is there a way to do this automatically?
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:20 PM
  • Visual Studio is highly automatable, that's what the extensibility interfaces are all about.  Everybody has their own idea about automation though, a Visual Basic programmer tends to like getting the IntelliSense box thrown in her face at every keystroke.  The C++ IDE takes the "well, when I'm sure or you tell me" approach.  Ask questions about how to enable your favorite mode in the Visual Studio Extensibility forum.

Hans Passant.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:32 PM

Hans Passant.
    Thanks, Hans.
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:35 PM