Silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need a tutorial on creating a flash type movie in Silverlight like the one I created at link below. Thanks in advance for your help!

http://www.newcenturycountertops.com/

Monday, July 4, 2011 3:54 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'm not seeing any video on that site, only a slideshow of still images. There are multiple ways to do this. If you want to use expression encoder, you simply create a video with the images and audio you want and encode that to a video. You can add a template player as well. Upload to the server and have the html point to the templates default.htm or have silverlight mediaelement point directly to the video. A good tutorial is here.

Regards

-Matt

• Proposed as answer by M_Johnson Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by new2designing Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:33 PM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm not seeing any video on that site, only a slideshow of still images. There are multiple ways to do this. If you want to use expression encoder, you simply create a video with the images and audio you want and encode that to a video. You can add a template player as well. Upload to the server and have the html point to the templates default.htm or have silverlight mediaelement point directly to the video. A good tutorial is here.

Regards

-Matt

• Proposed as answer by M_Johnson Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:11 PM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:11 PM
  • Thanks, Matt! I appreciate your help. And yes, I did mean slideshow and not a video.
    Melanie Petersen
    • Unmarked as answer by new2designing Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:33 PM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:33 PM