How to synchronize Azure Active Directory and Office 365 users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am currently working on a proof of concept where I need to get a list of Users from Azure Active Directory(Using Graph API to connect to Azure AD) and select a particular user from the list of users returned by Graph API and get free/busy(Using EWS 1.2 API) of that user from Office 365. Can you please help me like how can I synchronize this Azure AD and Office 365... Like for on-premise AD and Exchange 2010 when we create any user in Exchange it gets added in AD as well and vice versa when we add a user in AD and then try to create a mailbox for that user we can get the user list from AD to create mailbox from Exchange Management Wizard.. Can you please help me how can I synchronize these two things like we can do for on-premise AD and Exchange 2010

Note :- I have a free trial subscription for both Azure AD and Office 365

Thanks and Regards,

Anuj Jain

• Edited by Anuj0801 Thursday, August 27, 2015 11:22 AM
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hello Anuj,

Greetings!

We are pleased to answer your query. With regards to your query, you would need to associate office 365 with Azure Active Directory. Any changes made to your directory through the Windows Azure AD portal will take effect on your Office 365 service immediately. We do not recommend using our preview features on a production Office 365 tenant.
    You might want to refer the blog associate office 365 with Azure Active Directory.

Hope this helps!
    Best Regards
    Kamalakar
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:38 PM
  • Hello,

We hope that the last response helped resolve the issue. We would like to now mark this thread as ‘Answered’, which can help others facing the same issue. If you’re still facing any issues, please write back to us, and we can continue working on this.

Best Regards,
    Kamalakar
    • Marked as answer by Anuj0801 Monday, September 7, 2015 11:26 AM
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hello Anju,

We are researching on the query and would get back to you soon on this. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Best Regards,
    Kamalakar

Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:47 PM
  • Hi Kamalakar,

Thank you so much for your kind reply.... Can you please help me how can I synchronize Azure Active Directory and Office 365 users...

Thanks and Regards,

Anuj Jain

• Edited by Anuj0801 Monday, August 31, 2015 7:00 AM
    Monday, August 31, 2015 6:59 AM
  • Greetings Kamalakar,

O365 uses the Azure Active Directory to store information about its uses.  When you create a user in you Azure AD, that user is also available in your O365 portal.  When you assign a license to a user for Exchange, a mailbox is available as well.

If you are syncing your Azure AD instance using DirSync or one of the other Azure Directory syncing tools, you will see your users both on premis and in the cloud.

If you have a more specific question, please feel free to post it and we will work to address it.

Regards,
    MaxV ( MSFT )

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 11:06 AM
  • Hi Kamalakar,

Thank you so much for your reply....I have a separate licence for both Azure and Office 365 both of them different login credentials... Also I have created these two accounts on different dates and with different user... Can you please help me how we can Synchronize these two I have created users in Azure and they are not available in Office 365 and vice versa...

I have a trail version for both Azure AD and Office 365 

Thanks and Regards,

Anuj Jain

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 12:28 PM
  • Hello Anuj,

Greetings!

We are pleased to answer your query. With regards to your query, you would need to associate office 365 with Azure Active Directory. Any changes made to your directory through the Windows Azure AD portal will take effect on your Office 365 service immediately. We do not recommend using our preview features on a production Office 365 tenant.
    You might want to refer the blog associate office 365 with Azure Active Directory.

Hope this helps!
    Best Regards
    Kamalakar
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 3:38 PM
  • Hello,

We hope that the last response helped resolve the issue. We would like to now mark this thread as ‘Answered’, which can help others facing the same issue. If you’re still facing any issues, please write back to us, and we can continue working on this.

Best Regards,
    Kamalakar
    • Marked as answer by Anuj0801 Monday, September 7, 2015 11:26 AM
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 1:24 PM
  • Hi Kamalakar,

Thank you so much for your reply... It was really helpful...

Thanks and Regards,

Anuj Jain

Monday, September 7, 2015 11:27 AM