Power Pivot Excel 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In my PC are installed SQL Server and Excel 2010. I created a PP  and in my PC running very good. But I need share the file with other users that don´t have SQL Server 2012. This the message that show in users Pc´s: "Data Source initialization error. Check the database server or contact to administrator. Make sure the external database...

The user has installed Power Pivot, but is not installed the Provider=MSOLAP .5 (MSOLAP 110). How I can installing the libraries or drivers to function PP in yours PC´s. Or what others alternatives I have?

I will appreciate your support

Dilmer

Monday, May 14, 2018 11:31 PM

Answers

• Thanks Wilson!

I installed the 3 drivers in the users PC´s and Power Pivot working very good.

• Marked as answer by ndilmer Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:51 PM
    • Edited by ndilmer Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:05 PM
  • Hi Dilmer,

Thanks for your response.

Please kindly mark the helpful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are facing this similar issues. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 12:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Dilmer,

Thanks for your question.

>>>How I can installing the libraries or drivers to function PP in yours PC´s. Or what others alternatives I have?

The SQL Server Analysis Services drivers aren't actually installed as a part of the normal SQL Server installation unless you install SSAS on the server. You can download the provider "MSOLAP" driver and install it.

Here are the links for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/analysis-services/instances/data-providers-used-for-analysis-services-connections

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52676

ENU\x64\SQL_AS_ADOMD.msi

ENU\x64\SQL_AS_AMO.msi

ENU\x64\SQL_AS_OLEDB.msi

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:46 AM
  • Thanks Wilson!

I installed the 3 drivers in the users PC´s and Power Pivot working very good.

• Edited by ndilmer Thursday, May 17, 2018 4:53 PM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:05 PM
  • Hi Dilmer,

Thanks for your response.

Please kindly mark the helpful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are facing this similar issues. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 12:58 AM