none
Project center view customization RRS feed

• Question

• We try customize Project Center view. Link columns usualy alway first from left. But if we add custom filed to first position in view Project center display it befor link column (default column to open project at Project Professional). It there any way to fix this or change link column possiotion?
    Friday, June 4, 2010 12:58 PM

Answers

• yap, it is a bug, you shouldn't be able to see the column before the indicators. As workaround I suggest you to move the column in the grid to the position you want. To do that you can just navigate to Project center page, apply the view you have the column showing before the Indicatores then you click and drag the column to the position you want. Note that this gets persisted in the page with your view, when you navigate away and go back to the page the grid will keep the column in the right position you moved it to.

hope that helps,

Oscar.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:37 AM

All replies

• Anatoily --

I do not believe there is any way to change a Project Center view so that the Indicators column (you call it the link column) is not the first column in the table.  Sorry.

eDale

Dale A. Howard [MVP]
    VP of Educational Services
    msProjectExperts
    http://www.msprojectexperts.com
    http://www.projectserverexperts.com
    "We write the books on Project Server"

Sunday, June 6, 2010 2:40 PM
  • It look like I found way to make Indicators column not first. To do so just add custom field to project (in my case single line of text field). Customize project center view (Summary for example) to show this field first in view (before project name). And as result it will be ever before Indicators column.

So question how to avoid this?

P.S. This issue about Project Server 2010

Monday, June 7, 2010 7:20 AM
  • yap, it is a bug, you shouldn't be able to see the column before the indicators. As workaround I suggest you to move the column in the grid to the position you want. To do that you can just navigate to Project center page, apply the view you have the column showing before the Indicatores then you click and drag the column to the position you want. Note that this gets persisted in the page with your view, when you navigate away and go back to the page the grid will keep the column in the right position you moved it to.

hope that helps,

Oscar.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:37 AM
  • In this case we need to create instruction for all employers. This is to complicated for so small issue.

In my case most easy way - move any hardcored project field to first position (like project name or progress etc). And wait for this issue fix.

Thank you for help.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 12:20 PM