none
How do I change the domain for a windows application I have that was done on visual studio RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi. How do I change the domain for a windows application I have that was done on visual studio ? The application was done using visual studio 2008 and it connects to the report server and to SQL server 2008. I can access the application code on visual studio 2010 and on visual studio Team Foundation Server. 

Thanks. 

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 5:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have a question. This application retrieves SSRS reports from the report sever. When I download the reports from the SQL Server I can open them in visual studio 2008 but they don't open in visual studio 2010. I can access the application files on visual studio 2010 and team foundation server 2010. I was unable to open team foundation server 2008 on visual studio 2008. The issue is that I am unable to add a report with a new name to the application. I use visual studio 2008 to deploy the reports on the report server but it has to be the same name to be able to run the report from the application. I can deploy any report on the report server but I can't access it from the application unless it has to be the same name as the present reports. If I keep the report the same name then it will replace the old report and the new report will run from the application. But only if it's  the same name. I guess when I add a new report to the application with a new name I am supposed to add a definition in the application C sharp files  on visual studio 2010 so that the new report will show in the application. What's your opinion ? I have attached 2 images of the application and team foundation server 2010 and the report server.

Thanks. 

Monday, February 23, 2015 3:23 PM