none
Provider information is missing connection string. RRS feed

• Question

• Failed to connect to the server. Reason: Provider information is missing from the connection string. Add the provider information and try again. If you are trying to connect using a Managed provider then choose the appropriate data source in the data source selection page, and click Advanced to pick the appropriate managed provider..." 

What do I have to do?  I have no idea what they are talking about.  I selected the right file--but I still get the error.

Friday, December 22, 2017 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hello Bill,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Which operation cause this error? What are you doing now? Did you work with Excel programmatically? Would you please clarify your scenario more detailed?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 25, 2017 2:08 AM
  • Hello Tery!

I have been facing the same problem, I have trying to read the data though Powerpivot and this Error occurs while loading data. I Think, it is Connection error but no idea how to solve it. could you help us with that?

Tuesday, September 8, 2020 7:07 AM