Is subscription payment possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I develop quite specific application. Is it dedicated for our customers who do some estimates. The application get data via web service from my company database. Those information contain info about prices and possible deliverers of some wiring materials.

The best option for us is to be payed annually so that the application would be free to install, but you would have to pay for access to our service. So my question is:

1. Is it possible to achieve that kind of payment by marketplace?

2. If no, is there any other option you could see?

I looking forward to your answers :)

Paul

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:23 AM

All replies

• You can achieve this via in-app purchases (iap).

The problem is that Windows Phone 7 doesn't have built-in iap so if your app targets both WP7 and WP8 you have two solutions:

1 - Use paypal to implement iap to both versions, meaning that you must control all the logic (save paid users on your server, etc)

2 - Use both systems, paypal for WP7 and Microsoft iap system for WP8.

If you are only targetting WP8 Microsoft iap is the way to go, but remember since you want a subscription system you have to implement it yourself the product expiration, you can user your server or SaaS like buddy 

Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:34 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I'm targetting both versions of WP 7 and 8.

I think I may do something else. I can also do it myself by implementing sign in mechanism in my app.

User first would have to setup an account in our service, validate it and pay for the subscription. Than it would be able to log in through the mobile application and get data. So basically the application would be free itself, but without registering in the external service (my company service) it would be useless.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

Paul

Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:41 AM
  • Yes that is a possible solution as well, didn't think on it at first XD.

Note that you have to create credentials to test the app when you submit it to certification

• Edited by DiogoCardoso Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:27 PM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:13 PM
  • Thank you Diogo. I appreciate your help :)

Paul

Friday, February 22, 2013 9:05 AM