none
User Control in Ribbon? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Due to limited presence of controls for Ribbons, I have created a user control which has got a TextBox and two Radio Buttons. How can display this control in Ribbon/Ribbon-group? 

Or is there any other way that I can add textbox, radio buttons in Ribbons?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, Atit Shah
    Friday, December 2, 2011 8:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Atit

No, it's not possible to incorporate custom controls of any kind in the Office Ribbon. You can use only what the API provides.

<<Or is there any other way that I can add textbox, radio buttons in Ribbons?>>

The Ribbon does provide an editBox control, which is more or less the same thing as a textbox.

You can use a checkbox in a similar manner to a radio button, with code to make sure that only one option is checked at a time. Not quite the same thing, but close enough, once the user tries it out.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Atit Shah Monday, December 5, 2011 3:43 AM
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 10:59 PM

All replies

• To get started with Customizing the Ribbon, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm
    Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 8:35 AM
  • Hi Atit

No, it's not possible to incorporate custom controls of any kind in the Office Ribbon. You can use only what the API provides.

<<Or is there any other way that I can add textbox, radio buttons in Ribbons?>>

The Ribbon does provide an editBox control, which is more or less the same thing as a textbox.

You can use a checkbox in a similar manner to a radio button, with code to make sure that only one option is checked at a time. Not quite the same thing, but close enough, once the user tries it out.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Atit Shah Monday, December 5, 2011 3:43 AM
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 10:59 PM
  • THanks Cindy for the confirmation, I think we have to deal with the limitations.
    Thanks, Atit Shah
    Monday, December 5, 2011 3:43 AM