Unable to delete some columns from source side as well as mapping side in copy activity. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to copy a blob containing around 100 columns to a SQL Data warehouse table that has 104 columns, in which 4 columns need to have dynamic values like current date time and some default values. I am using delimited text as a blob dataset  at source side. When I go to the mapping level of the copy activity , I removed those four columns and debugged the pipeline, but it got failed by giving the error - "Bulk insert requires all columns from sink side". I did this before, but this time, it has been changed. Please find the screenshot as well and help me to resolve this issue.
    Monday, May 13, 2019 1:03 PM

Answers

• OK , I think I have a repro , please Set the Polybase option Sink -> Allow Polybase and try to run the pipeline . 

If it complains about Quote char etc not set , please do set them by going to Source -> Source dataset -> Edit .

Hope this helps .

Thanks Himanshu

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:35 PM

All replies

• I tried to repro the issue , but unfortunately I was not successful , it worked fine for me .

Which version of ADF are you using V2 or V1 ? Are you using copy activity ?

Thanks Himanshu

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:05 AM
  • I am using ADF V2 and using the copy activity.

Thanks, 

Sunaina

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 7:08 AM
  • OK , I think I have a repro , please Set the Polybase option Sink -> Allow Polybase and try to run the pipeline . 

If it complains about Quote char etc not set , please do set them by going to Source -> Source dataset -> Edit .

Hope this helps .

Thanks Himanshu

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:35 PM
  • Hi Himanshu,

Thanks it helped me !

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:29 PM