How to change connection in iqy file from Development to Production? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have made a report in Excel using Power Pivot that reads data from a SharePoint list on Development machine. Both .xlsx and .iqy files are stored on my PC.

I have two questions:

1. If I simply open .iqy file in Notepad and edit to reflect Production settings, will it work?

2. Right now both files are on <g class="gr_ gr_424 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="424" id="424">root</g> of D drive so the .iqy connection path is something like D:\MyConnection.iqy. Now if I give both files (.xlsx and .iqy) to someone, will they need to browse and select <g class="gr_ gr_966 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="966" id="966">.iqy file</g> in Data --> Connections in Excel, correct?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 27, 2017 12:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

Thanks for your question.

>>>1. If I simply open .iqy file in Notepad and edit to reflect Production settings, will it work?
    For this question, you can refer to below similar thread.
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/804b31af-65a8-4134-883e-8a5944c38f51/export-to-excel-edit-iqy-file?forum=sharepointgeneralprevious

>>>2. Right now both files are on <g class="gr_ gr_424 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="424" id="424">root</g> of D drive so the .iqy connection path is something like D:\MyConnection.iqy. Now if I give both files (.xlsx and .iqy) to someone, will they need to browse and select <g class="gr_ gr_966 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="966" id="966">.iqy file</g> in Data --> Connections in Excel, correct?
    Althouth it is hard to read this, but if i understand you correctly, you are right about this.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:32 AM