'Run' in microsoft visual studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

As you can guess,new to visual studio.My code has fstream included and want to see the out put in a txt file.Now my problem is I dont know how to 'run' in visual studio.I tried crtl+F5 (which is start without debugging)and a window pops up asking the name of the executable file.I dont know what next.

If my file name is rohini.cpp whats this file name I have to enter? and basically my question is -How do I see the out put in the text file I created?.

Thanks a lot friends!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 1:56 PM

Answers

• I think it's asking for the EXE to run.  While I am not sure about CPP, in C# there is a properties menu entry with a debug tab.  In that debug tab, you can pick the EXE to run.  Depending on how complex your solution project is, you might have to use the Solution Explorer, right mouse on the project and 'set as startup project' pick it as the starting point.

-rwg
    • Marked as answer by liurong luo Monday, July 26, 2010 11:01 AM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:55 PM

All replies

• I think it's asking for the EXE to run.  While I am not sure about CPP, in C# there is a properties menu entry with a debug tab.  In that debug tab, you can pick the EXE to run.  Depending on how complex your solution project is, you might have to use the Solution Explorer, right mouse on the project and 'set as startup project' pick it as the starting point.

-rwg
    • Marked as answer by liurong luo Monday, July 26, 2010 11:01 AM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 6:55 PM
  • Hello Rohini,

I agree with rwgreene, maybe you did not set the start application in Solution Explorer in Visual Studio. Please let me assume you created a native Win32 console application, please build your project and then right click the project and set it as startup project. After that, you could press Ctrl+F5 to start your project and check the result in the file.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:25 AM