none
Will the 32-bit edition of SQL server 2014 work in 64-bit environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have 2 questions related to the SQL server 2014:

Question-1:

I have the 32-bit edition “Express with Advanced Services (SQLEXPRADV)” of SQL server 2014, will this work fine in 64-bit computer too. Due to some reason, i don’t want the 64-bit version, so shall I use the 32-bit version to install in the 64-bit computer.

Question-2:

MSDN says that this edition “Windows on Windows (WoW64) support (SQLEXPR32_Architecture_Language.exe)” of SQL 2014 will work in both 32-bit and 64-bit computers. But this edition doesn’t include all the SQL tools.

Is there a single SQL Express install package that is compatible with both 32/64 bit, which has all the SQL tools, I mainly need the SQL profiler.

Thanks, Karthikeyan.V

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:27 AM

Answers

• Hello,

I have 2 questions related to the SQL server 2014:

Question-1:

I have the 32-bit edition “Express with Advanced Services (SQLEXPRADV)” of SQL server 2014, will this work fine in 64-bit computer too. Due to some reason, i don’t want the 64-bit version, so shall I use the 32-bit version to install in the 64-bit computer.

Question-2:

MSDN says that this edition “Windows on Windows (WoW64) support (SQLEXPR32_Architecture_Language.exe)” of SQL 2014 will work in both 32-bit and 64-bit computers. But this edition doesn’t include all the SQL tools.

Is there a single SQL Express install package that is compatible with both 32/64 bit, which has all the SQL tools, I mainly need the SQL profiler.

Thanks, Karthikeyan.V

This section is only for MSDN subscription and related clarifications. Please do post your query in the right section.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=sqlserver

Thanks
    prathaprabhu

Microsoft Partner, Most Valuable Professional (MVP) and Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC)

• Marked as answer by icewar_karthi Thursday, November 24, 2016 4:42 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 4:15 PM