Selection disappears when recycling an item renderer element in ListView

Question

• Hello,

I'm experiencing some strange behavior that I think might be a bug:

I have a WinJS.UI.ListView that uses an item renderer function to display individual items. When I select an item, a selection border appears as expected. Now I change the underlying element in the data source. The item renderer is called again, with the current item element as second parameter -- so it can be "recycled". The item renderer updates the item correctly. However, the selection border disappears unexpectedly, even though the element is technically still selected. This becomes obvious when I select another item in the ListView: In addition to the new selection border for the newly selected item, the selection border for the original item reappears.

Since the issue is a little hard to describe in words, I built this minimal working example.

Is this behavior intentional or is it a bug? What can I do to work around it?

Thursday, May 03, 2012 10:00 AM

Answers

• Hi G,

I confirmed this is a bug and it appears that it is fixed in a later build.  The only workaround I can think of is to wait for the fix, or don't use recycling until after you verify the fix in a later build.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, May 04, 2012 1:42 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the sample!  I will take a look at this and report back.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, May 03, 2012 11:34 AM
  • I was able to repro this behavior.  I have engaged the dev team and will notify you if I find a solid workaround for you!

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, May 03, 2012 6:54 PM
  • Hi G,

I confirmed this is a bug and it appears that it is fixed in a later build.  The only workaround I can think of is to wait for the fix, or don't use recycling until after you verify the fix in a later build.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Friday, May 04, 2012 1:42 PM