Using common dataset over more than two datasets RRS feed

• Question

• User244720815 posted

Hi

I want to create one common dataset queried by one temp table. That is,  data set must have a huge amount of select data in form of some temp table. Next this dataset with its fields can be used as a input to some other datasets, based on it these datasets can form some logic or group by over records passed by main dataset.

Just to solve this purpose presently i am duplicating the main select statement (which again suppose to be huge interm of records) in each datasets, and then again filtering records specific to different datasets

I thought by selecting the same huge amount of data for one report in different-2 datasets, gives some loading and performance issues

can i use one dataset as a single records of collection over multiple datasets

Thanks,

Monday, May 9, 2011 10:13 AM

Answers

• User-830595639 posted

Hi,

If you are using SQL2008R2, then you can solve your problem by creating a shared dataset and then you can use this dataset multiple times in your Report with different dataset name.

Other than that I am not seeing any thing else can be done in your situation.

Thanks

Nishant Gauraw

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 2:32 AM