none
Visual Studio 2015 individual zoom

Question

• How do I change the zoom for individual windows?

Unlike previous versions, in VS2015 when I change the zoom level for one window it changes all of the other windows too!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 6:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi B List,

Thanks for your post.

I have few more questions to understand the problem:

What’s your project type?

How did you change the zoom?

Could you share us a screenshot of your UI?

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Enterprise. And I created a WPF application

When I changed the zoom for the Design window and XAML window.

And the zoom is individual for the two windows. Please take a look at the following screenshot which tested by me:

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, December 31, 2015 7:21 AM
  • I created a WPF application and, yes, I can change the zoom level in the design vs code windows.

However, I would like to do this in other situations. For example, below I opened two text files (no project needed to demonstrate). I also split one of the windows. When I pick a different zoom level from the lower left corner, all of the windows change to that setting. (I often use individual zoom levels in VS2013 to get an overall view in one part of the file and work in another part of the file.)

I'm looking for an option or extension that would allow different zoom levels like I have in VS2013.

See here:

Thanks,

Brian

• Edited by B List Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:55 PM
    Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:51 PM
  • Hi Brian,

I did a test in my side and the behavior is same to you.

As far as I know. There is no related option or any other extensions about which allow different zoom levels like in VS2013.

If possible, you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there so the others can vote it.

If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue, I will vote it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, January 04, 2016 2:41 AM
  • Anyone coming across this and having the same problem, please up-vote this:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-2015/suggestions/10994709-bring-back-individual-zoom-levels-for-each-window

Monday, January 04, 2016 3:42 PM