I have updated my beta app several times ... RRS feed

• Question

• ... and I keep getting confirmation emails after a couple of hours saying it's been updated.  However, when you visit the actual app in the marketplace it's always the original submission.  No amount of refreshing or re-submitting seems to help.  What gives?
    Friday, April 5, 2013 11:18 PM

All replies

• The beta submissions take time to be online (unfortunately), when I was beta testing my app there were some users that only received updates after on week or so. 

Although the app is only downloadable to a few users I think that it still passes to the all publication pipeline, if that is true this delay is normal, because apps can take up to 7 days to be online to the entire world.

If your updates aren't more than 1 week old, try changing the xap versions (when submitting the update) or contact support  

Saturday, April 6, 2013 12:17 AM
  • I've done this before and betas would literally update in a couple of hours.  This is new behavior to me.
    Saturday, April 6, 2013 12:20 AM
  • Back in August I already had this kind of delay, specially on the end of the month there are usually a lot of problems with updates/reporting.
    Saturday, April 6, 2013 12:31 AM
  • The beta submissions take time to be online (unfortunately), when I was beta testing my app there were some users that only received updates after on week or so. 

Although the app is only downloadable to a few users I think that it still passes to the all publication pipeline, if that is true this delay is normal, because apps can take up to 7 days to be online to the entire world.

If your updates aren't more than 1 week old, try changing the xap versions (when submitting the update) or contact support  

It takes a while for users to manually receive the updates ie. the update shows up as a number on their store tile. The actual update, where the info in the store updates, usually comes up in a few minutes, a couple of hours at the very most. This way users can follow the beta link again and get prompted for the update.

What you have said about the app passing through "all publication pipeline" and "can take up to 7 days" is completely incorrect. I have beta testers download updates with an hour of it going live.

I am having the exact same problem as the OP. Something is currently broken and needs to be fixed.

Saturday, April 6, 2013 12:54 AM
  • As I said it was just a guess. With that I think that the delays you are feeling are probably related with this last week problems on the site.
    Saturday, April 6, 2013 1:02 AM