none
Exchange Web Service Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a customer whose users create appointments in the following manner, and I quote:

1) Open a meeting invite/appointment within Outlook.
    2) Take a large screenshot (i.e. Like your entire desktop) and paste it into the background of the meeting invite/appointment.
    3) Save the meeting invite/appointment.

At this point they can look at the meeting in Outlook and view it, but cannot in Outlook Web Access. Our product uses Exchange Web Services and when I try to open up one of these oddly created meeting invites, the Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll (EWS) throws and exception saying it cannot open up an attachment.

We have reproduced this inhouse with our Exchange 2013 Server that I ran windows update on today to make sure it was up-to-date. It appears Outlook is much more resilient to strange things users do that EWS. My question is if this is truly an issue with EWS not handling these types of appointments, how do I go about reporting it to Microsoft or are there any other solutions available?

Thanks in advance,

Layne

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:54 PM

Answers

• OWA uses EWS for most things, it could be either an issue with Outlook or Exchange (eg you could start testing with different versions of Outlook and Exchange to see if you can narrow down the impacted version). For reporting you need to open a Support call with Microsoft https://support.microsoft.com/en-us and they will then do whatever bug determination that is necessary and issue a fix for either Outlook or Exchange depending where the actual bug is.

Cheers
    Glen

• Marked as answer by Layne Izatt Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:04 PM
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:28 AM

All replies

• OWA uses EWS for most things, it could be either an issue with Outlook or Exchange (eg you could start testing with different versions of Outlook and Exchange to see if you can narrow down the impacted version). For reporting you need to open a Support call with Microsoft https://support.microsoft.com/en-us and they will then do whatever bug determination that is necessary and issue a fix for either Outlook or Exchange depending where the actual bug is.

Cheers
    Glen

• Marked as answer by Layne Izatt Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:04 PM
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:28 AM
  • Thanks for you response Glen. I believe I'm going to have to open up and incident with Microsoft on this one. Thank you for the link.
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:04 PM