none
Error occurred in deployment step 'Install app for SharePoint': There were errors when validating the App manifest. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I `m getting error message like this  "Error occurred in deployment step 'Install app for SharePoint': There were errors when validating the App manifest.". when i try to debug the application with "Start Action"="Internet Explorer".This application  is  an apps for office application with Oauth with Office 365

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated 

Thanks!!

Santosh Sutar

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 5:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Santosh sutar,

Since the new project is able to debug, as a workaround for this issue, I suggest that you create a new project and replace the web content in the new project with old project.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Santosh Sutar,

Based on the error message, this issue should be relative to the manifest of app for Office.

I would suggest that you create a new project and set it start action with 'Internet Explorer' to see whether this issue could be reproduced.  If no, we can compare the difference between the two menifest files.

If yes, would you mind sharing the menifest file to help us narrow donw this issue.

In addtion, here is an article about menifest of app for Office for your reference:
    Understanding the apps for Office XML manifest

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, April 30, 2015 6:06 AM
  • Thanks Fei for your time.

>>>I would suggest that you create a new project and set it start action with 'Internet Explorer' to see whether this issue could be reproduced.  If no, we can compare the difference between the two menifest files.

As per your suggestion above ,With new project,I can debug with with start action "Internet Explorer" and I could not see much difference between the manifest files.

Please find below my manifest file for the reference .

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!--Created:cb85b80c-f585-40ff-8bfc-12ff4d0e34a9-->
    <OfficeApp xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/appforoffice/1.1" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="TaskPaneApp">
      <Id>084cd6cd-2908-44d1-a5cf-4fa029aec211</Id>
      <Version>1.0.0.0</Version>
      <ProviderName>[Provider name]</ProviderName>
      <DefaultLocale>en-US</DefaultLocale>
      <DisplayName DefaultValue="Office 365 MVC" />
      <Description DefaultValue="Office 365 MVC"/>
      <AppDomains>
        <AppDomain>https://login.microsoftonline.com</AppDomain>
      </AppDomains>
      <Hosts>
        <Host Name="Document" />
        <Host Name="Workbook" />
      </Hosts>
      <DefaultSettings>

<SourceLocation DefaultValue="~remoteAppUrl/Home/Index/" />
      </DefaultSettings>
      <Permissions>ReadWriteDocument</Permissions>
    </OfficeApp>

Please suggest on this.

Thanks !!

Santosh Sutar

Thursday, April 30, 2015 9:52 AM
  • Hi Santosh Sutar,

Thanks for the detail information for the apps's menifest. I have checked the menifest, it seems ok.

I also found the similar error in the thread below:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/2b432644-709e-431c-a425-9121c98d65a0/install-app-for-sharepoint-there-were-errors-when-validating-the-app-package?forum=appsforsharepoint

Please checking the package type and let me whether it works for you:

Regards & Fei

Monday, May 4, 2015 7:20 AM
  • Thanks Fei,

I tried this way but it did not work.

Can you please suggest on any other ways to resolve this issue ? 

Thanks!!

Santosh Sutar

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 11:57 AM
  • Hi Santosh sutar,

Since the new project is able to debug, as a workaround for this issue, I suggest that you create a new project and replace the web content in the new project with old project.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 7:16 AM