Measures that don't work until workbook is closed and re-opened RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running Powerpivot 2012 and sometimes I enter in a simple formula that bombs.  If I close and then re open the works it calculates as expected.  Has this happened to you before? 

Also, I have trouble with disappearing formulas as well.  I'll add a measure to the pivot model and it calcs correctly on one pivot table, but bombe in another pivot table (same layout and all).  If I close and then reopen the workbook, the measure is gone.  Again, have any of you experienced these issue?  Just curious..

Thanks, Dave

Monday, January 7, 2013 8:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Dave,

I have never encountered this issue you posted above. What's the specific version of your PowerPivot for Excel?

In your case, you can try to uninstall and then install PowerPivot for Excel to see if this help.
    Microsoft SQL Server 2012 PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29074

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:47 AM
  • Thanks Elvis.  I found this thread and realized I was not the only one experiencing this problem.  (apparently I cannot post links) Thanks again for your response!

Dave

Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:31 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Could you please post more detail information about your environment to us for further investigation? Such OS, PowerPivot for Excel verion.

Regards,

Elvis Long
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:30 AM