none
Update to an App -- When this will actualy happen? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Once we post new updates to our App in Store, When will it actually get installed on end-user machines,  I'm evaluating to see if there is a possible scenario where user is using the app and Store updates are pushed to machine and applied and user will have un-friendly experience?

Can any one explain whether Updates will wait until user switches back or closes the application?  Is App update applied when user is using the App?

Another question, Can we force update to happen automatic or is there a option for user to configure this, I se a message saying updates available and updates are not getting installed unless I explicitly say install.

Thanks,

• Edited by MyDocs Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:10 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:59 PM

Answers

• When it publishes, they will get a notification that there are updates for the app. then they can choose to install or ignore it.
    • Proposed as answer by Simpuhl Friday, March 29, 2013 2:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roberts_EModerator Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:44 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 2:05 AM

All replies

• When it publishes, they will get a notification that there are updates for the app. then they can choose to install or ignore it.
    • Proposed as answer by Simpuhl Friday, March 29, 2013 2:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by Roberts_EModerator Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:44 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 2:05 AM
  • Hi,

Are we referring here to Windows Store app or Windows Phone?

I have never seen that notification for Windows Store app, could you please confirm what you are referring to here?

Thank you

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:53 AM
  • There is no such notification for windows store apps.
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 2:09 PM