none
Corrupted by Disabled Macros? RRS feed

• Question

• I have distributed an accde to 10 users.  The file works beautifully for the 7 users who had previously enabled macros in Access.  The 3 users whose macros were not previously enabled, are getting error# in fields where calculations are being performed.  They are also unable to navigate - getting an "expression on click you entered" error.  I have enabled macros - no change.  I have put a new copy on their workstations - no change. Two of the users have 2013 and 1 has 2010.  Each has Access installed on their computer.

Please tell me how to fix this if you can!

Thank you!

• Edited by blfoster Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:12 PM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:09 PM

Answers

• Hi. It sounds like it might be a reference issue. You didn't mention if the users are using the full version of Access or just a runtime. If they have the full version, try running your ACCDB file on their machines to see if there's any missing references. If there are, you'll need to correct that somehow. Just my 2 cents...
    • Proposed as answer by André Santo Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by blfoster Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:02 PM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:19 PM

All replies

• Hi. It sounds like it might be a reference issue. You didn't mention if the users are using the full version of Access or just a runtime. If they have the full version, try running your ACCDB file on their machines to see if there's any missing references. If there are, you'll need to correct that somehow. Just my 2 cents...
    • Proposed as answer by André Santo Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by blfoster Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:02 PM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:19 PM
  • It is a full version of Access. Tried running the ACCDB on the 1st user's machine.  Will not run at all!  All VB windows open and Access "can't find project or library".  I checked for missing references....there are none........other ideas?

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 6:51 PM
  • Well, there WAS a missing reference - I just missed it.  It was looking for entitypicker.dll.

I unchecked that box and it works just fine.  Thanks!

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:48 PM
  • Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:09 PM