none
BizTalk 2010 Current ISA Control Number RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know in BizTalk 2010 how to determine what the current ISA control number is for a Trading Partner Agreement? It always displays 1 to 999999999. In previous versions, the low number would increment as new transactions are created. I don’t see a way to determine what the current/last used ISA control number is.

Also a secondary question - does anyone know in BizTalk 2010 if the control numbers reset when you import party bindings over an existing party? I think that was the case in older versions of BizTalk, but I cannot see in the Bindings file how that would be the case in 2010 since it only contains the lower/upper bounds.

Thanks!

John

Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:15 PM

Answers

• John,

To get the current ISA Control number, you can find it in the BizTalkMsgBoxDb database EdiControlNumbers table. Control numbers are maintained based on the Agreement set up between trading partners. Agreement details can be found in BizTalkMgmtDb - tpm.OnewayAgreement table.

When you import binding file with a party information, which already exists, existing agreement id will be removed and new agreement id will be created with new control numbers(1 as starting value).

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by John Glisson Friday, April 15, 2011 3:01 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 2:04 AM

All replies

• John,

To get the current ISA Control number, you can find it in the BizTalkMsgBoxDb database EdiControlNumbers table. Control numbers are maintained based on the Agreement set up between trading partners. Agreement details can be found in BizTalkMgmtDb - tpm.OnewayAgreement table.

When you import binding file with a party information, which already exists, existing agreement id will be removed and new agreement id will be created with new control numbers(1 as starting value).

Sathish - http://blog.tsathish.com - Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by John Glisson Friday, April 15, 2011 3:01 PM
    Friday, April 15, 2011 2:04 AM
  • Thank you, SathishT, that is exactly what I needed. For posterity's sake, here are the queries I'm using to help track down the Party to get the OneWayAgreement.Id to use when querying the EdiControlNumbers table.

select * from tpm.OnewayAgreement o

inner join tpm.BusinessIdentity bi on bi.Id = o.ReceiverId

inner join tpm.BusinessProfile bp on bp.ProfileId = bi.ProfileId

where bp.Name like '%[name]%'

select * from EdiControlNumbers

where OnewayAgreementId = [id]

• Edited by John Glisson Friday, April 15, 2011 3:12 PM edit
    Friday, April 15, 2011 3:05 PM