none
Redistribution RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I create components that are used by applications sold by my company.  Am I able to distribute the following dlls with my components:

1. System.Windows.Interactivity.
    2. Microsoft.Expresssion.Interactions.

I have looked everywhere but cannot find a direct answer to this.

Thanks,

Andy

Thursday, December 7, 2017 11:54 AM

Answers

• The files in Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend\.NETFramework are redistributable.

There are also Eula files in the folders. You can read them yourself, but the relevant part is:

[quote]

If you have a validly licensed copy of such software, you may copy and distribute the unmodified object code form of the files contained in the directories below, subject to the software's License Terms

[/quote]

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:07 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Andy Silica,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, I do not have a good understanding for your question. Could you provide more details?

1. How do you distribute?

2. What do these dlls doing for?

3. If it is possible, could you provide some screenshots for better understanding?

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 8, 2017 6:48 AM
  • Hi Wendy

Yes, sure I can provide more details.

1. We use NuGet to distribute our dll.
    2. My team create a library of styles and templates for WPF controls.  Both standard controls and also custom controls. Other teams in the organisation then consume these controls into the applications that they create.

I hope that helps?

Friday, December 8, 2017 7:38 AM
  • Hi Andy Silica,

Thank you for feedback.

According to your details, if you want to distribute dlls, you could refer to the following links.

https://juristr.com/blog/2012/04/using-nuget-to-distribute-our-company/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/nuget/create-packages/creating-a-package

Best Regards,

Wendy

Note: This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. 
    Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.
    There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:56 AM
  • Thank you for the links, but that is not exactly what I was l asking about, as we have a process for creating the NuGet package.

The question that I need answered is about the legality of us including the Systems.Windows.Interactivity and Microsoft..Expressions.Interactions in our deliverable?

Are we legally allowed to include those 2 dlls in our NuGet package?

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:37 AM
  • The files in Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend\.NETFramework are redistributable.

There are also Eula files in the folders. You can read them yourself, but the relevant part is:

[quote]

If you have a validly licensed copy of such software, you may copy and distribute the unmodified object code form of the files contained in the directories below, subject to the software's License Terms

[/quote]

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:07 AM
    Answerer
  • That is great, thank you for the clarification cheong00!
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:26 AM
  • Hi Andy Silica,

If your question has been solved, please mark the useful reply as answer to close the thread. This will make answer searching easier in the forum and be beneficial to community members.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support

Friday, December 15, 2017 2:44 AM