WebView HTML5 Video set by JavaScript encountering a decode error RRS feed

• Question

• I am building a product that downloads fresh content from the web, saves it local and displays it back via a WebView. 

Since we are downloading the content from the web and running it locally we have to use NavigateToLocalStreamUri and the IUriToStreamResolver interface.

The content is HTML5 driven heavily by JavaScript. We have lots of video content that has been playing quite well when loaded via markup (<video>). Recently some of our content started using JavaScript to setup a single video object, adjust the source and play it. 

This really seemed like business as usual and was in a debug player we have that simply used packaged content. But when this content is loaded into our dynamic player using NavigateToLocalStreamUri the WebView is throwing a video.error.code 3 which is a decode error.

Aside from the JavaScript and the container being hidden initially there is no difference between the video elements that are working and the ones that are not.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Mike,

Yes, HTML5 is supported by WebView control, but some features are not included, such as AppCache, IndexedDB, programmatic access to the Clipboard, or geolocation.

For your question, the app throw a video.error.code 3, I think it is kinda of HTML5 error code, the description you could ref to http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/video.html#error-codes. I'm not quite sure if this is the issue with decoding stuff, if you could share me a sample that can reproduce your issue for testing which would be nice.

You could also run the HTML page in your IE10 browser(document mode) to see if it works well.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, November 18, 2013 9:16 AM