The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.) RRS feed

• Question

• when i configure database mail its give me error 'The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.)'please tell why this error come and what is the solution.
    Thanks
    Monday, November 29, 2010 8:39 AM

Answers

• Please make sure that the SQL Server service account can connect to the Exchange Account without any issues. Also ensure that the "SMTP Authentication" is set to "Windows Authentication" in Database Mail configuration.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com

Recent posts on my blog
    • Marked as answer by Pawan Rajput Monday, November 29, 2010 12:20 PM
    Monday, November 29, 2010 11:36 AM

All replies

• Dear Pawan,

Can you tell me what type of SMTP Authentication you are using, Try with Basic Authentication.

Kumar
    Monday, November 29, 2010 10:57 AM
  • Please make sure that the SQL Server service account can connect to the Exchange Account without any issues. Also ensure that the "SMTP Authentication" is set to "Windows Authentication" in Database Mail configuration.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com

Recent posts on my blog
    • Marked as answer by Pawan Rajput Monday, November 29, 2010 12:20 PM
    Monday, November 29, 2010 11:36 AM
  • Hi,

I am using SQL 2016 and when i try to configure the DB mail , i got the similar errror

Can you please help me to resolve 

Error Message : The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 1 (2017-02-14T14:31:14). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.).

hemadri

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 10:51 AM
  • I use the port 587 and set the server mail like an IP. It works for me.
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 4:15 PM