Msg 22002, Level 16, State 1, Line 0

RegCreateKeyEx() returned error 5, 'Access is denied.'

Kindly help

Thanks

Suman

• Moved by ArthurZ Monday, August 29, 2016 2:36 PM Not exactly SSIS related
    Monday, August 29, 2016 2:00 PM

Answers

• I believe the relationship is this one. Afterall there is a Msg ID included in the message.

So yes, the SQL Server Agent account do not have right to write to the desired registry key.

Btw, do not blindly give full permission to everyone to write. Evaluate whether the registry key is really need to be changed. If it is, open services.msc to find out what account your SQL server agent is set to run on. The service will carrry the name of "SQL Server Agent (instance name)". The account name can be seen of the "Log on" tab.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 1:26 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hello,

And what's the relation to SSIS = SQL Server Integration Services, the topic of this forum?

As the error message clearly says, your account don't have permisssions to the registry key.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Monday, August 29, 2016 2:31 PM
  • I believe the relationship is this one. Afterall there is a Msg ID included in the message.

So yes, the SQL Server Agent account do not have right to write to the desired registry key.

Btw, do not blindly give full permission to everyone to write. Evaluate whether the registry key is really need to be changed. If it is, open services.msc to find out what account your SQL server agent is set to run on. The service will carrry the name of "SQL Server Agent (instance name)". The account name can be seen of the "Log on" tab.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 1:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

Even though given write permission also it is showing same error.

Also I check the agent service That service Account also having full permission.

Thanks

Suman

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:30 AM