none
mfc activex controls windows ce RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am trying to create and place mfc activex controls dynamically on Windows CE.

To do that, I have followed this webpage : http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/com-tech/activex/controls/article.php/c5537/Dynamic-creation-and-placement-of-ActiveX-controls.htm

It works well on Win32 but on Windows CE, there is an exception, Platform Builder : First-chance exception in COREDLL.DLL (0x80040155: unnamed)

It doesn't work for all the ocx controls I have created (MFC Smart Device Activex Control) with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.

I don't understand why when I do that for example, it works : m_ControlWrapper.CreateControl(CLSID_WebBrowser, _T(""), WS_VISIBLE, CRect(0,0,100,100), this, 299, NULL, FALSE, NULL);

But when I am trying with my own controls it doesn't work : m_ControlWrapper.CreateControl(_T("BUTTONCE.buttonceCtrl.1"), _T(""),WS_VISIBLE, CRect(0,0,100,100), this, 299, NULL, FALSE, NULL);

My controls are well registered, I don't think it is the problem.

Would someone have a solution to this problem ?

Thank you for your help.

• Moved by Jesse Jiang Friday, May 4, 2012 7:23 AM (From:Visual C++ MFC and ATL)
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I think your issue should be raised in the Windows Embedded Compact Platform Development. I believe they will know more information of this issue than us, and I will move this one to that forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Pelito1230 Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:05 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Pelito1230 Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:10 PM
    Friday, May 4, 2012 7:23 AM