none
Suddenly missing from the top paid category?!

Question

• Hi everyone,

One of our apps has suffered immensely from what seems like a Store bug last week, and we don't know what to do.

Our app was #1 top paid in productivity, and #10 top paid store-wide, with almost 100 purchases per day at $8 each, and trending upwards.

However, suddenly we have disappeared from these rankings. Our app still exists in the Store, but only if you search for key words. It is no longer in the top paid categories, and as a result our downloads and paid downloads have plummeted.

Traditional support have been unhelpful asking me to wait and see what happens, but this is completely unacceptable, as our metrics will die, and our salaries depend on this app.

Can someone please advise or help??

Regards,

Alistair

Monday, January 20, 2014 9:46 AM

All replies

• All resolved now.
    • Proposed as answer by thuruvMVP Friday, January 31, 2014 10:59 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by thuruvMVP Friday, January 31, 2014 11:00 AM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

If you are in a position to share what was the issue it's better you make a comment about that here, thus it would be useful for the others.

My blog : http://thuruinhttp.wordpress.com

Friday, January 31, 2014 11:00 AM
  • Agreed.

Last night at bedtime fMail (my app) was ranked #30-40 in top paid in my category (productivity)

This morning, I wake up, and it's a lot closer to 400 in top paid in its category (I didn't count, i'm guessing from its position on the scrollbar).

I'm perfectly OK with a low ranking, I don't want to make a lot of money from this app (I'm on disability and have income limitations), but still I'd like to have some idea how it could fall so quick.  For example did a user click 'flag this app' or something like that?

-Rob

-Rob

Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:12 PM
  • And just like this from a rank of #30 yesterday to #400-ish most of today in top paid productivity, it just moved back up to .. I'm counting #28!   I accept they are having issues and am not complaining about it, but it's clear something odd was going on with the rankings.

-Rob

Sunday, February 2, 2014 1:15 AM