Creating an exportable Project Template with all relevant files RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having two issues with exporting a project template.

1. I recently created a project template on a separate machine and tried to open it on a different machine. When I try to create a new project using this template, none of the files from that project template are included in the newly created project (source files, headers, or secondary files). How can I create a project template that is exportable to a separate machine, including all the relevant files?

2. The project was not created successfully unless I signed in using the account I was using when I created the template, saying it's not available for anonymous access. How do I fix this? How do I make it available for all users?

Thanks

• Edited by ValentinH Sunday, July 2, 2017 6:59 PM
    Sunday, July 2, 2017 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hi ValentinH,

>>How can I create a project template that is exportable to a separate machine, including all the relevant files?

I would suggest that you could wrap your vs template in a vsix package file. then you could install the vsix package on related machine.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/extensibility/getting-started-with-the-vsix-project-template

>>How do I fix this? How do I make it available for all users?

I am not sure why it's not available for anonymous access. Usually, it is available for all users.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:20 AM