Feature Request: "Comment Out" sections of the graph RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hey,

Several times in the past few days in working with experiments with large numbers of nodes, I've wished I could select a module and to a right-click "Don't execute Node (and subtree)".  In coding speak, this lets me comment out section of the experiment while keeping it in the experiment.

This feature is very helpful when intermediate results aren't as expected due to data issues, etc.

I wanted to "break" the graph, insert a "Convert To CSV" node (so I can download and review), while keeping the downstream subtree intact without executing it.

Thoughts?

----- Ed

Friday, August 28, 2015 3:01 PM

All replies

• Being specced out currently :) we understand your frustration!

The current thoughts are around selective execution rather than selective exclusion via some means of rubber banding the modules you wish to run - do you think that would be better, worse, or functionally equivalent to the feature you had in mind?

Regards,

AK

Friday, August 28, 2015 4:22 PM
  • AK,

That's close enough. Being able to select which modules run or not is the key. As long as the rubber banding idea doesn't require rearranging the graph too much (they can get messy) it should be ok. Another key idea is the "and sub tree" so the whole run or not run cascades through the rest of the graph properly.

----- Ed

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 4:40 PM