none
OLE Db RRS feed

• Question

• I am programming Intermec scanners using windows mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK with.net framework 3.5. I originally programmed the scanner’s to connect to Microsoft SQL 2000 we change to Microsoft SQL 2012 and I cannot connect using SQL tables any longer. I can connect to the tables using using OLE DB. But I get the following errors system.data.OLE DB not defined in the scanner program. I do have a reference to system.data but OLE DB is not in that reference and does not show up in IntelliSense. I program using VS 2008 vb.net

Friday, July 25, 2014 7:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

>>But I get the following errors system.data.OLE DB not defined in the scanner program

When do you get the error, compiling the project or at runtime?

>> I do have a reference to system.data but OLE DB is not in that reference and does not show up in IntelliSense. I program using VS 2008 vb.net

How do you refer system.data? The System.Data.OleDb is under System.Data.dll rather than Sytem.Data namespace, please check your reference list and make sure whether it is there:

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Monday, July 28, 2014 8:44 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Cor Ligthert Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:29 AM
    Monday, July 28, 2014 8:10 AM
  • Good morning Fred,

I do have a reference to system.data see below. The error I think happens when Visual Studio creates the table adapter. It happens before I compile the project. I get 102 errors examples:

In error list:

Type System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter is not define

Type System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection is not define

Type System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand is not define

example in the code:

Private WithEvents _adapter As Global.System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter        

Private _connection As Global.System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection       

Private _commandCollection() As Global.System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand

Regards,

Marvin

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 12:37 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for sharing detail information with us. From these information, I know that you are working with a windows form project written by VB.

>> I get 102 errors examples: In error list:

I reproduce the issue successfully which also contains 102 errors:

While the strange thing is that this occurs if I remove the System.Data.dll reference from the reference list, as soon as I add it back, all errors disappear immediately:

I am a bit confused about your scenario, if it is possible, could you please upload that project with us as uploading it to skydrive so that we can download it?

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:00 AM
  • Good morning Fred,

The program that I created for the scanners worked until we changed from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2012. The operating system on the scanners is OS 5.2 Windows embedded handheld classic only Visual Studio 2008 and lower support this operating system. Before the server change I connected to the SQL Server using Microsoft SQL Server as a data source / data provider :.net framework data provider for SQL server now after the server update when I try to connect I get “only support server up to 2005”. My next possible solution to fix this problem was to use OLE DB or ODBC to connect to the SQL server. I can connect to the tables using OLE DB or ODBC and the test is successful. The problem is that I get that type errors not defined for both OLE DB and ODBC. The problem seems to be in the table adapters when they are created. I hope what I have said makes sense. Thank you very much for all your help. I uploaded the folder to OneDrive I don’t know how to give you the link without everyone having access

Best regards,

Marvin

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Hello,

Here is a description for how to share the link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/onedrive/share-file-folder

Regards.

Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:27 AM
  • link to project

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=650083774872219D!340&authkey=!AJA0i3vRbyIpMhM&ithint=folder%2cdll

Thursday, July 31, 2014 9:55 AM
  • Hello Marvin,

I think it would be more like this

Private WithEvents _adapter As System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter      

And probably it is better to zip the project first before you put it on one drive.

(I did not look to it)

Success
    Cor

Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:36 AM
  • I zip the file thank you

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=650083774872219D%21105

Thursday, July 31, 2014 11:44 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for sharing it with us, and I downloaded it while I find it is a windows mobile application, currently I do not install this SDK, so what I did is to create a windows form application and add the dataset1 item in your project, wow, it could compile successfully. So I am wondering if this application type(windows mobile application) is incompatible with this item(DataSet), I would suggest you to confirm it on the windows mobile forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=windowsmobiledev

Friday, August 1, 2014 8:10 AM