none
Meeting request signature using an Internet image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007 SP2, I am trying to create a new signature using an Internet image, but when I try to use this new signature in a meeting request, the image heigh is twice, only the width is normal.  If I view the send items the image is ok.

The signature image for email is normal size too.

It works ok using outlook 2010, but my client is using Outlook 2007.

How can I fix it?

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 6:32 AM

Answers

• Are you asking how to do this using code? This is an Outlook programming forum.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "Pablo Hurtado" <=?utf-8?B?UGFibG8gSHVydGFkbw==?=> wrote in message news:17904d4a-c22c-4fd7-bdd1-c1a24941325a...

Hi,

I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007 SP2, I am trying to create a new signature using an Internet image, but when I try to use this new signature in a meeting request, the image heigh is twice, only the width is normal.  If I view the send items the image is ok.

How can I fix it?

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by Pablo Hurtado Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:18 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:34 PM

All replies

• Are you asking how to do this using code? This is an Outlook programming forum.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Pablo Hurtado" <=?utf-8?B?UGFibG8gSHVydGFkbw==?=> wrote in message news:17904d4a-c22c-4fd7-bdd1-c1a24941325a...

Hi,

How can I fix it?

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    • Marked as answer by Pablo Hurtado Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:18 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:34 PM
  • Hi Ken,

Thanks a lot for your reply. You are right, it was my mistake, wrong forum. I am going to move my question to Outlook Forum.

The true is I prefer not to use code by now.

BTW, After some research I guess the problem is with the RTF format used by meeting request and may be some problem updating the image from the internet for the RTF signature file. I didn't find how to change it to HTML or how to force the image update for the RTF signature file.

Best Regards.

Pablo H.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:18 AM
  • Unfortunately there is no option for an appointment body to be HTML, it can only be RTF.

About the only possible solution I can think of is if you can use Redemption. That provides an HTMLBody property for an RDOAppointment item and if you supply that property with well formed HTML then Redemption will automatically convert that into RTF for you.

I don't know if that would do what you want in terms of a signature, but it's worth testing if you are using or can use Redemption.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Pablo Hurtado" <=?utf-8?B?UGFibG8gSHVydGFkbw==?=> wrote in message news:664805a8-2e86-4031-83bf-62a6bf90b0b6...

Hi Ken,

Thanks a lot for your reply. You are right, it was my mistake, wrong forum. I am going to move my question to Outlook Forum.

The true is I prefer not to use code by now.

BTW, After some research I guess the problem is with the RTF format used by meeting request and may be some problem updating the image from the internet for the RTF signature file. I didn't find how to change it to HTML or how to force the image update for the RTF signature file.

Best Regards.

Pablo H.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Friday, August 31, 2012 6:14 PM