Converting/Outputting HTML code to MHT RRS feed

• Question

• User731014375 posted
    I have managed to code my website to display its HTML source or store it to a variable code on the fly. This version of the web page requires to be sent to an email recipient. Because the page has a couple of images it'd make the email bulky if I sent all the attachments neither will referencing the URL images to an external site in case it has to be archived or viewed offline. I am looking for a solution to convert HTML code to MHT format. Thanks
    Monday, February 23, 2009 7:18 AM

Answers

• User1459534743 posted

It's better not to use mht files since it is only supported in IE.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 23, 2009 7:52 AM
  • User2130758966 posted

Do you know in advance which Internet Browser will be used to display these archives?

The problem is that MHT or MHTML is not a standarised format and the browsers that implement it dont do it in the same way:

• User2130758966 posted

Well I was kind of hoping you were just going to say oh I need it for all browsers so it wont work and we could all just forget it!

I had a look for this and found this page which shows that it is possible to use code to create it:

However it seems to be in VB6 I think so I dont know if there is a .net equivalent.

There is also this software which appears to use IE component to convert it internally because it requires it to be installed, but you need it to be automated in code right?

This is an rfc spec for something to do with mhtml but I couldnt be sure at a glance if it was the internet explorer version or just an attempt at standardising the whole thing:

Sorry I couldnt be more help!
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:16 AM

All replies

• User1459534743 posted

It's better not to use mht files since it is only supported in IE.

• User2130758966 posted

Do you know in advance which Internet Browser will be used to display these archives?

The problem is that MHT or MHTML is not a standarised format and the browsers that implement it dont do it in the same way:

• User731014375 posted
    Yes it will be Internet Explorer
    Monday, February 23, 2009 8:22 AM
  • User2130758966 posted

Well I was kind of hoping you were just going to say oh I need it for all browsers so it wont work and we could all just forget it!

I had a look for this and found this page which shows that it is possible to use code to create it:

However it seems to be in VB6 I think so I dont know if there is a .net equivalent.

There is also this software which appears to use IE component to convert it internally because it requires it to be installed, but you need it to be automated in code right?

This is an rfc spec for something to do with mhtml but I couldnt be sure at a glance if it was the internet explorer version or just an attempt at standardising the whole thing:

Sorry I couldnt be more help!
    Tuesday, February 24, 2009 3:16 AM